|Guide to Infection Prevention in EMS
This guide provides an overview of infection prevention best practices for emergency medical services (EMS) system responders. Includes:
- The role of infection prevention in patient and EMS system responder safety
- Infection prevention standards, regulations, and best practices applicable to EMS setting
- Overview of epidemiology and pathogenesis of communicable diseases in EMS setting
- Instruction, examples, and tools to perform surveillance, develop an exposure control plan with post-exposure management, and conduct risk assessments
- Emergency, disaster, and bioterrorism preparedness
- Forms and templates for infection prevention education, training, and compliance monitoring
Note: A PDF copy of this guide may be downloaded for personal use for free at www.apic.org/implementationguides.
Sale price may not be combined with other discounts or offers. Offer valid while supplies last.
Author: Janet Woodside, RN, MSN, COHN-S; Terri Rebmann, PhD, RN, CIC; Carolyn Williams, RN, BSN; Jeff Woodin
Date of Publication: 2013
Non-member price: 15.00
Discounted member price: 10.00
Your price: 10.00
You save 33.3%