This updated resource, co-published by Joint Commission Resources (JCR) and the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), addresses infection prevention and control in all types of health care settings. The book discusses and clarifies Joint Commission requirements for infection prevention and control and offers a wealth of tools for organizations to assess and improve their infection prevention and control activities. Edited by infection prevention and control experts Kathleen Meehan Arias and Barbara Moore Soule and written by a host of experts, the workbook format encourages organizations to develop action plans to address infection prevention and control issues found in the self-assessment.
- Detailed explanations of Joint Commission standards and National Patient Safety Goal requirements for infection prevention and control in a variety of health care settings
- A flash drive containing checklists and tools that help organizations assess their compliance with Joint Commission requirements and improve their infection prevention and control practices
- New features for this edition include chapters on surveillance; cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization; and infection prevention and control challenges for ambulatory health care organizations
Preview: - Table of Contents |
Kathleen Meehan Arias, MS, CIC; Barbara Moore Soule, RN, MPA, CIC
- Publisher: APIC/JCR
- Date of Publication: 2017
- ISBN: 978-1-59940-944-3
- Format: Print (with flash drive). (If you are interested in the digital (PDF) version of this product, please click here.